Effective Research Paper Topics: Legal Issues
Be it high school or college, it is never too early to get to know the basics of the legal system of which you are a part. This is not only important for those students, who are thinking of pursuing a career in law, but also for ordinary laymen. An understanding of the law gives citizens a better idea of their fundamental rights. Writing a thesis paper on law and concerning legal matters is an excellent way to brush up on your existing knowledge. Get cheap paper help or follow the recommendations below.
A list of some topics
Here is a list of research topics on legal issues on which you can write your research paper:
- Is the greed for remuneration from the Government responsible for the negligence that children have to face in foster homes?
- What, according to you, has been the most socially significant amendment of the Constitution? Please justify your choice.
- In your opinion, which case has been the most significant in furthering human rights in recent years? Please elaborate.
- Environmental protection laws: why are our politicians so hesitant to discuss climate change.
- Is alimony against the principles of feminism? Voice your thoughts regarding the matter.
- Brock Turner's sentencing has been shockingly lenient in comparison with those that men of colour have received for the same crime? What does this say about the legal system in America?
- Gay rights throughout the world. Why is something so basic and human being termed as a sin?
- Triple “talaaq”: Write about the countries that want to continue viewing Muslim women as oppressed by not outlawing this medieval practice.
Use legal terminology
Since you are writing a research paper on legal issues, you should use legal terms and definitions. You need to get yourself acquainted with terms, such as, “ad hoc”, “affidavit”, “subpoena”, to name a few. These will have to be included if and when you quote the verdicts of apex courts or the commentaries of eminent personas. Do include the meaning of the terms within parentheses so that the teacher knows that you did not copy.
Legal issues are a very important matter and, as such, the tone of your paper should also echo that. Avoid ornamentation such as stylish fonts, unprofessional decorative materials, or repeating the same piece of information. Remember, quality of the content matters the most. Refrain from using flowery language. Instead, use lucid terms to get your points across.